Protection And Tips For Skin Care In Winter Season
Now that you know the importance of regular and right kind of skin care, it is time to understand the change required in your skin care routine due to season change. In every season the type of precautions and care change. While in summer, you need that non greasy and sweat free look now in winter your skin demands differently.
In winter, the skin gets dry and itchy. It may also become eczema prone and really irritable. To protect the skin from cold and dry air, you need to bring about some change in skin care. And we as always are here to give you some essential advice and tips.
Tips for skin care in winter
1. The harsh cold temperature makes the skin dull, dry and flaky. Moisturize your skin generously. Replace your water based products with creams. And besides facial skin, also apply cream on your neck, back arms and feet. Remember to look for vitamin E enriched products. This will prevent itchiness and loss of water content from skin.
2. Exfoliation is important in winters also in order to remove the layer of dead cells, pollution and dust. Make it a weekly affair and keep your skin bright and healthy in winters also.
3. Avoid prolonged baths and use of harsh soaps. It will take away natural moisture from your body. After bath pat dry your skin and immediately apply good moisturizing cream on face and body.
4. Accessorize sufficiently in winter. Moisturizing is very important in maintaining healthy skin in winter. After moisturizing hands and feet, wear gloves and socks to lock the moisture content and prevent cracking of skin. In winter the air inside gets dry. You can place 2-3 humidifiers in order to retain moisture in the air. It is beneficial for your skin.
5. Sun rays remain harmful irrespective of the season. Before moving out from home, provide the shield of sunscreen to your skin.
6. The skin of your lips also needs attention. Daily apply lip balm so that the lips remain moisturized and do not get rough.
You may also like:
Some home methods do not change with season change.
(i) Like, intake of plenty of water will maintain the water balance required in the body. It will further detoxify the body and keep the skin clean and glowing. Next, improve the nutritional value in your diet. Fruits and vegetables provide the necessary supplements that your skin and body requires. Besides, you should daily consume some almonds. Almonds are rich in vitamin E and hence good for health.
(ii) Vitamin C is again an important element for skin and body. You can get it from lemon. Begin your morning with a glass of water mixed with some lemon juice. Moreover, eat oranges and other citrus fruits which help in fighting winter.
(iii) For skin care, some home remedies never lose their importance. Mix equal portions of honey and milk and apply on face for fifteen minutes. Rinse with warm water and get a smooth skin.
(iv) In addition, apply coconut or almond or olive oil on the body and take a bath after some time. This will cure winter dryness.
(vi) Use all these winter care tips, wear skin friendly clothes and stay happy. The winter dryness will stay at bay and your skin will look radiant and happy this winter.
- 14 Skin Care Tips
- Autumn Skin Care Tips
- Beauty tips for busy mothers
- Common Skin Care Mistakes
- General tips for skincare
- Pre Wedding Beauty Tips
- Prepare Your Skin for Wedding Day -3
- Prepare Your Skin for Wedding Day-1
- Prepare Your Skin for Wedding Day-2
- Prevent Skin Issues in Rainy Season
- Protect Your Skin in Summer
- Quick fix tips for brides on wedding day
- Remedies for skin care in spring season
- Skin and Hair Care during Holi
- Skin Care After Skin Whitening
- Skin Care in winter
- Skincare After Holidays
- Skincare For Teenage Girls
- Skincare in Rainy Season
- Skincare in Summer
- Ten Tips to Maintain Healthy Skin