Varicose Veins Causes, Prevention
Varicose veins is a cosmetic problem that causes the vein especially of the leg to become enlarged and irregular. This occurs in the superficial veins near the surface of the skin which are the unsightly dark lumps and bumps. Women are more prone to varicose veins than men. There are a number of factors that may develop varicose veins. This skin problem may be due standing long hours, genetic reasons, during pregnancy and being overweight. They usually aren't serious, but they can sometimes lead to other problems.
Our veins have a series of valves that act as a one way door that prevent the blood from responding to gravity and flowing back towards the ground to pool in our lower extremities. When varicose veins valves fail or do not close completely thus allowing blood to flow back and causing the vein walls to be stretched out of shape. The superficial vein valves of the lower limb are most affected due to the gravitational pressure exerted when standing leading to swelling of the lower limbs, thickening of skin, vein eczema and ulceration.
How to prevent varicose veins
Exercising: Regular exercising will strengthen the leg muscles allow increase the blood circulation pressure thus enabling the valve to open and close completely.
Following sensible diet: Eating food that have high fiber content and drinking a lot of water reduce constipation and increase peristalsis in the intestines. There is less or no obstruction of blood flow up the leg thus ensuring the veins are strong. A diet that is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E goes a long way towards preventing varicose veins. Eat fruits and vegetables that are rich source of bioflavonoid and vitamin C and watch your salt intake. These flavonoids are found in berries, grapes, buckwheat and pine buck. They help in improving the vascular system to function well and also promote the healing of varicose veins.
Do not wear tight cloths on the waist: Tight cloths exert pressure thus preventing proper circulation of blood in the legs.
Keep your weight in limit: It is also very important to keep your weight down as extra body fat puts too much pressure on the legs and can cause varicose veins to appear.
Do not stand for too long: Move around to flex the muscle. Contracting and expanding of the leg muscle help in pumping of the blood. Also do not sit for too long because bent knee and hips complicate and reduce the blood for to the heart from legs. Stand and move around, stretch the muscles will help to relief varicose veins.
- Acne Care
- Acne Products Review
- Best Answer for all Acne Problems
- Natural Remedies for Acne Treatment
- Ten Easy Steps to Cure Acne
- Three Stage Acne Cleansing
- Treat Acne From the Root
- Types of Acne
- Age-spots, Freckle and Discoloration
- Black heads on nose
- Cold Sore Causes, Symptoms and Prevention of Outbreak
- Cure Hyper-pigmentation
- Cure Melasma
- How to Cure Eczema
- Free Your Child from Eczema
- Home Remedies to Cure Eczema
- How to Get Rid of Sun Spots
- How to remove moles
- Hyperpigmentation and Age-Spots
- Natural Remedies to Reduce Stretch Marks
- Natural Treatment for Cold Sores
- Precautions to save skin from dark spots
- Prevention and curing of scars
- Reduce Brown Spots and Freckles
- Remove Mole Wart and Skin Tags
- Ringworm Causes and Treatment
- Scar Reduction Therapy
- Secret of Disappearing Scar
- Skin Diseases
- Cellulite Treatment
- How to Cure Herpes
- Psoriasis Cure
- Relief From Rosacea Symptoms
- Rosacea Cure
- Three natural ingredients for cellulite problem
- Treatments for Herpes
- Vitiligo Causes, Treatment Options
- Treat Skin Issues With 5 Super Ingredients
- Varicose Veins Causes
- Varicose Veins Treatment
- Warts symptoms and treatments
- Why Do We Get Skin Blemishes