Toning- Herbal Toner or Astringent
Cleansing the skin is the first step of skincare regimen. It purifies the skin from deep within. However, there may be some residual traces of makeup, dirt, oil, pollutants and the cleansing lotion. To remove the leftover portions of the above, skin toning is the next important aspect.
Skin toning helps to purify the skin further. It removes the remaining toxins, chemicals and oil from the surface of the skin. Thus, toning of skin rejuvenates and revives the skin. It increases the blood circulation and assists in improving the health of the skin. A good skin toner maintains the natural ph level of the skin and prepares the skin for moisturizing. Moreover, the correct procedure of toning restores the suppleness and sheen of the skin. It delays ageing and formation of wrinkles and lines.
Toning is done after cleansing the skin and before moisturizing of the skin. The wrong method of toning can make the skin sag. Hence, follow the correct method of toning. Take some toner on a cotton ball and clean the facial skin in outward and upward motion. The result will be an apparently glowing and clean skin surface.
There are two types of toner – Herbal and Astringent. Astringent contains alcohol that may or may not suit your skin type. Therefore, selection of a good toner largely depends on the amount of alcohol present in it. In addition, one must be cautious in the choice of a skin toner in case the skin is dry or sensitive. It is preferable to go for herbal skin toner if the skin is dry or sensitive.
Usually, alcohol based astringent are recommended for oily skin. However, if there is irritation or burning sensation, then such product should not be used.
Making a skin toner with items available in the kitchen is an easy job. Such toners would provide excellent results and protect the skin in natural way. For example, tomato juice acts as a skin toner. One of the herbal toner recipes for dry skin is given here:
Mix well all the ingredients and apply it with cotton wool or fingertips onto the skin. You can also apply rose water diluted with mineral water for dry skin toning. Take precaution that it should not go in the eyes and avoid upper cheek area and lips.
For detailed information on skin toner and natural recipes to maintain the healthy skin, check out “Natural Skincare Recipes-Homemade Recipes” make your skin silky and smooth.
- 15 Skincare Tips for Teen Age Boys
- Back Skin Care
- Benefits of Neem in Skin Care
- Cleansing of Skin
- Effect of Toxins on Skin
- Effects of Smoking on Skin
- Foods for Healthy Skin
- Foot Skin Care
- Hand Skin Care
- How to Remove Dead Skin Cells
- How to select best moisturizer
- How to select skin whitening products
- Importance of exfoliating skin
- Importance of sunscreen
- Makeup Foundation
- Men's Skin Care
- Nail Art- Essential Information and Tips
- Nail Care
- Neck Skin Care
- Negative effects on skin of using lightening products
- Seven Days Beauty Program
- Skin Care During Pregnancy
- Skin Care for 30 Plus Women
- Skin Care for Men and Women over 40
- Skin Care with Herbs, Kitchen Items
- Benefits of Gram Flour in Skin Care
- Benefits of Sandalwood for Skin
- Cure Skin Problem With Curd
- Six Things to Improve Your Skin
- Skin Care With turmeric
- Skin care with homemade recipes
- Skin care with olive oil
- Skin Nourishment
- Treat your skin with honey
- Whiten the skin
- Why Proper Skin Care Is Important