Skin Care With turmeric Powder
|Turmeric is known as golden spice of India. It is a traditional remedy and has been used as preventive medicine. It is one of the most essential spices used as an important ingredient in any Indian kitchen. In Indian marriage ceremony of ‘haldi’ turmeric mixed with curd and gram flour is rubbed on the face, arms and other body parts of the bride and groom as body scrub to deep cleanse and exfoliate the skin. After half an hour turmeric paste is washed off while bathing. Turmeric is known for its antiseptic and wound healing properties. It is a great skin care product and is used in many ‘Ayurvedic’ skin care treatment. Turmeric has been classified as GRAS (general recognition of safety) BY FDA.|
|Benefits of turmeric use in skin care|
1. It is natural, safe, inexpensive and easily available in your kitchen and in the market in powder, paste and dried root forms.
2. It is high in anti-oxidant that assists in attacking free radicals to give a youthful looking skin and slow down cell damage.
3. It is a useful component in skin care recipes due to its anti-septic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
4. Eating of turmeric acts as an effective blood purifier that helps to improve skin condition.
Use of turmeric in skin care recipes
Age defying face mask:
Mix a pinch of turmeric powder with one table spoon of sandalwood powder and one table spoon of milk cream, stir the mixture to make a smooth paste. Apply this face mask and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry. This face pack will nourish your skin, tighten the skin pores and lighten the age spots.
|Face mask for pigmentation|
Turmeric can be used in pigmentation to even out your skin tone and color. Mix turmeric with lemon or cucumber juice and apply it on your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash off. Regular application of this paste will help in combating pigmentation and you will feel that you have regained your natural skin color gradually.
Face mask to treat wrinkles and fine lines
Mix yogurt and honey with turmeric powder and apply the face mask. Wash your face after 20-25 minutes. Yogurt will exfoliate the skin and honey will attract the dust and moisturize the skin. Turmeric will freshen the skin and make it soft and will also reduce the puffiness under the eyes. Regular use of this face mask will reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Avoid stretch mark during pregnancy
Appearance of stretch mark on stomach during pregnancy is common problem amongst women. You can avoid these stretch marks by applying yogurt mixed with turmeric on stomach and wash off after five minutes. Regular use of this mixture will help in maintaining the elasticity of skin and avoid stretch mark.
Treating of cracked heels
Take three tea spoons of turmeric powder, mix few drops of coconut oil and apply it on your heels before 10-15 minutes before taking bath. Apply it regularly till your heels become soft and supple.
|Turmeric for burn|
In case you accidently burn your skin, you turmeric for quick relief mix a tea spoon of turmeric powder with aloe Vera gel and blend it properly. Apply it on the burn, it will heal the wound.
Related topics of interest
|Benefits of Gram Flour in Skin Care|
|Treat your skin with honey|
|Lemon for Skin Care|
|Hair care with olive oil|
- 15 Skincare Tips for Teen Age Boys
- Back Skin Care
- Benefits of Neem in Skin Care
- Cleansing of Skin
- Effect of Toxins on Skin
- Effects of Smoking on Skin
- Foods for Healthy Skin
- Foot Skin Care
- Hand Skin Care
- How to Remove Dead Skin Cells
- How to select best moisturizer
- How to select skin whitening products
- Importance of exfoliating skin
- Importance of sunscreen
- Makeup Foundation
- Men's Skin Care
- Nail Art- Essential Information and Tips
- Nail Care
- Neck Skin Care
- Negative effects on skin of using lightening products
- Seven Days Beauty Program
- Skin Care During Pregnancy
- Skin Care for 30 Plus Women
- Skin Care for Men and Women over 40
- Skin Care with Herbs, Kitchen Items
- Benefits of Gram Flour in Skin Care
- Benefits of Sandalwood for Skin
- Cure Skin Problem With Curd
- Six Things to Improve Your Skin
- Skin Care With turmeric
- Skin care with homemade recipes
- Skin care with olive oil
- Skin Nourishment
- Treat your skin with honey
- Whiten the skin
- Why Proper Skin Care Is Important