Right Way to Shampoo and Condition your Hair
You shampoo your hair almost every day, yet are you sure that you are doing it the right way. With the use of correct techniques and ways, you can witness a great difference in the beauty as well as the health of your hair. However if you are not aware of the right way to shampoo and condition your hair, you might unintentionally and unknowingly damage your hair. Here are some of the best ways of taking care of your hair, as suggested by the best experts in the world:
1. You should always rinse your hair thoroughly before you shampoo. When your hair is rinsed well with warm water, the hair cuticle opens up which makes it very easy to clean it off dirt or any other thing trapped there. Also, another advantage of rinsing your hair is that the hair is more able to absorb oil from your conditioner well.
2. If you have really good and long tresses, even if they just go beneath your shoulders, it is highly advisable to run a little amount of conditioner in them before you shampoo. This way you would be able to save your hair from dryness and your hair ends will not have to face further damage. This way not only your hair end would stay healthy but also if any kind of openings is present in your cuticles, it would be filled and smoothed up.
3.While shampooing, the first thing you should keep in mind is that use only the amount of shampoo that is needed by you and not extra. Next thing is that always lather from scalp towards end. There is a reason for this, which is that the hair near your scalp is the youngest and oiliest hair which means that it needs shampoo more than the end which is already quite old and dried.
4. The next thing in the list of the right way to shampoo and condition your hair is to go gentle on your hair. If you are being very rough with your hair, the friction produced can cause some permanent damage to your hair. You should start with lathering your roots, as gentle massage in the roots will improve the blood flow and add to your hair health. Also, prefer vertical strokes and apply medium pressure rather than going for circular strokes.
5. It is always better to avoid shampooing again after you have already done it once and rinsed your hair well. Everything written on a shampoo bottle will be beneficial for your hair is not true; so avoid this.
6. Once you have rinsed your hair, squeeze out a little bit of water before you add conditioner to it. Always use conditioner from the mid length of your hair to its tip. As shampoo is required more by your roots, similarly conditioner is required more by the hair away from scalp. Second thing is that the more time you allow the conditioner to stay on your head; the better would be the result.
7. End the complete process with a rinsing of your hair with cold water so that the cuticle gets shut.
Hair Related Topics