With change of season hair need special attention and nourishment. The summer season is about to set and during this period you may face numerous hair related issues. Harsh rays of sun may suck the moisture of your hair and you may feel the problem of dry hair, split ends, frizzy and brittle hair. These hair problems may be due to accumulation of sweat on the scalp, reaction to the harsh sun rays on hair, and reaction of the heat on the chemicals in various products used for hair care.
Here are some handy Summer Hair Care Tips to prevent damage to your hair.
1. Protect your hair from scorching sun rays and pollution. UV-rays can cause permanent damage to the outside covering of hair and fade the hair color.
2. Do not shampoo your hair daily as everyday shampooing may deprive the hair of its natural moisture.
3. Avoid taking hot showers or washing your hairs in hot water.
4. Gently rub the towel on hair for squeezing the excess water and let hair dry in natural way. Avoid blow drying. If the latter is at all required then remember to keep the dryer at the distance of six inches. And never keep it at one place for long time.
5. Apply herbal basedshampoos and conditionersas per type of hair to provide necessary nutrients. Use gentle moisturizing shampoo in summer and avoid overuse of chemicals on hair.
6. Retain the moisture of hair by doing deep conditioning and regular massage of hair with oil.
7. Wear a scarf, hat or cap to protect your hair from sun rays in such a way that it may not restrict the circulation in your scalp.
8. If you are planning to stay long in the sun, use a protective sunscreen on your hair before stepping out.
9. Use sun hair repair mask after your hair is exposed to the harmful rays of sun for a long time.
10. Get trimmed your hair at regular intervals say every 6-8 weeks.
11. Wash your hair before going in a swimming pool to restrict the absorption of chlorine in hair as chlorine may cause dryness in the hair.
12. Massage your hair with baking soda and wash your hair with clarifying shampoo after swimming to wash off chlorine/salt residues on your hair and to retain the natural color of your hair.
13. Drink lots of water to hydrate your system and to provide natural health to your hair.
Home remedy for summer damaged dry hair
Take one table spoon of coconut oil and vegetable oil each warm to mix them properly. Let the mixture cool. Now mix two table spoon of chopped pumpkin, two table spoon of coconut milk, one tea spoon almond oil, one tea spoon vanilla extract and blend them to get uniform consistency. Massage the mixture through your hair and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Thereafter rinse your hair thoroughly. You can keep remaining mixture in refrigerator for reuse up to 5days.
Home treatments are the best treatment so avoid using chemical based products. With some simple steps, precautions and little attention, you can avoid summer damage to your hair and manage to keep them healthy.