Face masks application tips
Face mask is basically a skin treatment that you leave on your face for some time then wash off to give extra cleaning to remove dirt, impurities, dead skin cells and toxins from the clogged pores of the skin. Face masks are designed as per requirement and type of skin. Every woman uses facemasks to rejuvenate her skin but do they all apply it correctly. It is not a rocket science. But you must take care of certain things while applying the face mask to apply it correctly.
1. This is important to remove any makeup, dust and impurities before applying any facemask to get all its benefits. Cleanse the skin of face with natural cleanser and then treat it with an antibacterial ingredient like tea tree oil before applying any facemask.
2. Open the pores by steaming your face before applying facemask. For steaming take a big bowl or pot and boil water in it. Then place your head slightly above the bowl to get steam on your face. Around 15 -20 minutes are sufficient to clean your face and open the pores. Remember to cover your head with a towel so that all the steam is not evaporated easily. However do not lean too much as extremely hot steam will damage or irritate your skin. People with extra sensitive skin should consult the doctor before going for steaming.
3. Make sure that you do not apply face mask on wet skin. After steaming your face pat dry before applying any facemask.
4. Make sure that you have washed your hands thoroughly with a disinfectant and tied back your hair before applying any facemask. When applying homemade facemask, use gentle sweeping upwards movements using your fingers to spread it up from the neck over the jaw line and up to the forehead. For face mask other then homemade always use a flat, wide brush and thick enough to be able to spread the mask on your face. Keep the brush solely for this purpose and wash after every use thoroughly.
5. Take care that you do not apply any mask on the sensitive parts of skin especially around the eyes and on the lips.
6. You should always prepare a fresh batch so that you get the desired benefits of mask. You can keep a homemade face mask in fridge for a day or two but make sure you keep it covered. Homemade facemasks prepared prior to week of applying may cause outbreak on the skin or any unwanted allergy.
7. Leave the mask on face till it dries up or for the period as advised on the package of mask. Do not use blowers to dry it.
8. Remove the mask by rinsing in with water, unless special directions for removal of the mask are indicated, as in case of “peel-off” masks. The better way of removing the face mask is take water saturated cotton ball and gently wipe off the mask from the face. The clay masks are little difficult to remove with this method.
9. After removing the mask, wash your face with cold water and make sure it has been removed completely from the face.
- Contact us
- What to wear in Indian summer this year
- Top 10 Indian Fashion trends in 2018
- 2018 color trends for your wardrobe
- Interesting Valentine Gifts for Him
- Latest Designer Wear for the Festive Season
- Summer Nail Art Designs for 2017
- Natural tips to stop falling of Eyelashes
- Stunning Styles of 90’s that are back again
- Skin Care After Pregnancy
- Preventing postpartum hair loss
- Makeup trends for Spring 2017